£22,000 - £25,000 pa
about 1 month ago
The UK’s largest wholesaler of drinks is currently recruiting for a Credit Controller on a permanent basis. Working from the site based in Leyland you will take full control of the credit control function.
Main Duties and responsibilities include:
- Understanding the company’s credit control policy and adhering to it.
- Responsibility for orders over credit, taking accounts off stop and releasing orders from credit authorisation. Liaising with Head office for authorisation as per the company policy.
- Contact the customer to arrange collection of payments.
- Responsible for receiving new account credit applications and processing.
- Excellent attention to detail in checking all account paperwork
- Identify and clarify what terms and limit the customer requires.
- Processing credit checks and asset checks for new customers.
- Obtaining signatories where required from internal management.
- Set up new accounts on trinity GUI.
- Reviewing weekly aged debt report and having weekly account manager reviews.
- Reporting back to head office on a weekly basis filling out the reports that had been provided to monitor the debts.
- Build good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for cash postings.
- Processing Credit Limit Increase requests when necessary once authorised.
- Dealing with any bounced payments.
- Raise credit notes and resolve customer queries.
- Identify and escalate any of the depot’s bad debt to head office and assist in collection.
- The ability to take and input customer’s orders when required.
- Processing any necessary information to the designated legal company for the depot
- Various other administration duties within the office when required; confirmation, sorting the post, filing, processing orders etc.
Objectives of the job:
1. Minimise the depot credit risk and maximise the depots cash flow.
2. Assist the depot manager in making credit and risk decisions.
3. Ensure customers pay on time while retaining the business.
4. Receiving, checking, and processing all new account credit application forms.
5. Support the depot in ad-hoc duties.
6. Ensure compliance with the company credit control policy.
7. Escalate any potential issues to management and assist in resolving.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.