2 months ago
Our Client are the fastest growing Fintech business in the UK. They are a diverse, inclusive and passionate team all working together to build a competitive bank that enriches their customers lives. As they have become more established they have retained it’s ‘start-up’ culture where every employee is valued and their opinions truly count. Ideas are welcomed and opportunities to grow are endless.
Their core values and stated customer outcomes are at the core of what drives them forward everyday. They make sure they come together to recognise outstanding contributions and celebrate their ongoing achievements.
Does this sound like the perfect environment for you to continue your professional development?
Your new role:
This is a unique opportunity to translate your experience within Analytical Risk Management into a Fintech environment. This exciting position sits within the 2nd line of defence and will give you exposure to consumer credit portfolios and a fascinating opportunity to learn how risks are managed in a fast-paced new age bank.
The Credit & Financial Risk Oversight Manager is a highly visible role within our Clients business, and has the responsibility of overseeing the design, implementation and monitoring of credit management strategies, analytical models including scorecards and planning and forecasting model, as well as impairment recognition, liquidity and capital management processes.
This position will enable them to build frameworks to manage risk as well as deliver sustainable growth and meet customer needs. To be successful in this role, it is important that you have strong analytical skills and the ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of credit risk models and strategies through the customer lifecycle to help with achieving Tandem’s credit risk objective
- Build and maintain an objective, analytically sound and implementable risk appetite framework
- Develop the framework for building customer lifetime value models to allow Tandem to develop commercially viable product propositions and strategies
- Oversee the build and maintenance of models across the business and ensure that they are governed well and remain fit-for-purpose through their lifetime
- Oversee the impairment models and the monthly impairment process
- Oversee liquidity and capital risks management processes and develop oversight disciplines to ensure that the risks remain within board approved appetite
- Produce analytical reports to monitor risk performance
- Champion the use of analytics within the 2nd line risk team
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external partners including Product, Credit Risk, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
- Maintain operating rigour and ensure the timely escalation within the governance structure of issues or concerns that might have a material impact on business outcomes
- Ensure faultless regulatory compliance, by helping to operate sound monitoring and testing of key risk areas
- Support open and transparent relationships through regular interactions with regulators; assist in a timely manner with activities for removal of licence restrictions
Our ideal candidate:
- Prior experience of hands-on credit risk management in a retail lending environment
- Experience in building NPV models for credit products
- Strong familiarity or hands-on experience with impairment modelling and management concepts
- Experience of working with statistical models e.g. logistical regression, Churn analysis, Decision tree, Survival analysis would be ideal
- Exposure to capital and liquidity preferred but not necessary
- Highly customer-centric with a passion for delivering a best-in-class customer experience
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Strong intellect, excellent communication skills and energy
- Confidence to check and challenge senior management
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- Live and breathe the business values in every aspect of delivery