£45,000 - £85,000
6 months ago
Our client is a payments business that specialise in a money transfer service within their specified region. Their convenient 24/7 online service enables customers to pay using any UK Bank debit or credit card, set up new beneficiaries and make regular payments that can be collected from one of their counters almost immediately.
Due to continued growth we are seeking an experienced Credit & Risk Manager that will assume responsibility for a small team of Credit Analyst. Your remit will be as follows:
- Implement a Credit Risk Management Framework that meets PRA, FCA and Bank of England requirements.
- Embed the use of Policy & Procedures (Credit Risk) across all parts of the Bank as part of a 3 LoD model.
- Manage credit processes supporting origination of property based lending and ongoing management, monitoring, reporting, measurement of a property portfolio.
- Ensure capital and risk profile is optimised.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement processes are embedded.
- Manage a small team of credit risk analysts.
- Support the CRO (SMF4) including alternate attendance at senior risk committees
- Liaise with 1st and 3rd Line of Defence as required.
- Work with the Credit team in completing loan credit analysis for new and existing loans in line with bank protocols.
In addition to the above you will also be involved in the following tasks:
- Supervising day to day tasks of a team of Credit Analysts.
- Responsible for completing loan credit analysis for new and existing loans and ensuring that all documentation is complete.
- Responsible for conducting financial statement reviews for loan officers, as well as comprehensive statement spreading.
- Assist in loan review/external audit & credit Administration.
- Ensure reporting of Portfolio Risk data and risk metrics in a timely and complete manner.
- Support Training and Development of the credit risk team.
- Support preparation of ICAAP
- Prepare and report Stress tests and Scenarios
- Develop client monitoring criteria covering key risk covenants.
- Support role out of Climate Change reporting and measurement methodology.
- To gather/ensure we have all commercial loan documentation from the Relationship Managers. Review the paperwork and ensure KYC docs are complete for loans.
- Responsible for preparing the loan packet credit presentation check list for aggregation of credit and risk rating.
- To ensure that all files are reviewed systematically for adequacy of documentation and/or deficiencies, and report results to the appropriate banker in a constructive manner. To assist the Loan Officers with requests for yearly financials from appropriate borrowers/customers and ensuring that you maintain tickler files, as necessary.
- To assist in post close loan reviews/audits for preparation of technical exception reports and non-conforming loan reports, etc.
- Other duties and or projects that may be assigned by the line manager, including ongoing monitoring and controlling annual reviews and managing/updating the relevant databases weekly; monthly as required.
- Minimum 2 years of property lending experience in a small regulated UK Bank.
- Minimum 2 years supervision experience of a team.
- Completion of a recognised Credit Risk course – ACIB, CFA, GARP etc.
- Consulting and Process re-design experience
- Model Development experience
- Moodys model experience
- Exposure to UK regulators
- Degree (HONS), ideally in hard science
- Experience of cultural transformation
- Interest in Climate Change methodologies
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.