£30,0000 - £40,000
almost 2 years ago
About our Client:
From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, they have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, they have become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to their European headquarters.
Our client are a fast-paced dynamic organisation so if you like variety and have a thirst for learning this is the place/team for you.
Your new role:
This position is responsible for supporting the operations and development of risk management activities. You will have a wide remit with a primary focus on supporting the business’ Paris office and will cover aspects of credit risk underwriting, portfolio management, alongside commercial insight, presentations and stakeholder management. You will be based in Manchester with occasional travel required to Paris to support the team.
What will you be responsible for?
- The preparation and presentation of credit applications for approval for new business and annual reviews for existing business. To include a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- Participate in meetings with Commercial and the customers directly, in order to identify solutions that enable credit facilities to be approved.
- Constantly review credit process and systems, in particular Credit / Sales interfaces, ensuring optimal processes are in place.
- Understanding, questioning and developing of Key Credit Risk Measures including sourcing of data in a sustainable way.
- Understanding, working closely and managing relationships with trade credit insurance companies and credit risk bureaus.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure data and assumptions are valid and sound credit opinion are communicated to stakeholders in a convincing, understandable and concise manner.
- Managing complex projects related to credit risk and requiring coordination with other departments.
What skills will you need to demonstrate to be successful?
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate subject.
- Demonstrable experience in the credit risk area.
- Understanding of credit risk management practices, including experience in analysing French based counterparties desirable but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (strong in Excel)
- Extensive analytical experience
- Demonstrate a rational, pragmatic, disciplined and methodical approach to delivery.
- Excellent communication, organisational and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex problems and deliver solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment
- Ability to produce accurate reports within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Able to demonstrate relevant experience in a risk environment.
- Working knowledge of corporate credit assessment
- Ability to produce accurate reports to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of company Accounts and experience in financial analysis.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.