MERJE are delighted to partner with this very well known Commercial Banking firm in their search for a Corporate Lawyer to be based in their London offices.
As Corporate Counsel EMEA, you will report directly to the Senior Counsel EMEA, providing legal services to the UK and other global hubs, within a fast paced banking environment.
You will be mainly focussed on managing vendor & commercial contracts and data privacy matters on behalf of EMEA, but there will also be opportunities to support on other projects and initiatives.
- Global Vendor contract review, interpretation, and drafting, including advising the business on intra-group and outsourcing arrangements
- Working closely with the US and UK based Privacy and Security teams to implement changes arising from the General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act
- Working with EMEA based change management team on a broad range of EMEA projects ranging from product development and enhancement to strategic growth projects
- Drafting and maintenance of EMEA policies and procedures
- Assistance with the management of external counsel relationships in EMEA
- Experience working as a Legal Counsel or Commercial Lawyer in an international banking group
- 5-8 PQE
- In-house or private practice experience in vendor management and/or privacy issues for financial services firms
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales
- General project management skills, taking into account multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with experience of managing vendor and procurement frameworks
- Effective organisational and analytical skills; must have great attention to detail
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual who can work independently and be a team player
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and fast-moving international environment, with a willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
If you don't hear back on your application within 48 hours, unfortunately you haven't been shortlisted for this particular role, however we would be happy to keep your details on file to assess suitability for any other opportunities that may arise.