A great opportunity for a Consultant to work in an independent, specialist Global Regulatory Consultancy delivering high quality regulatory advice and support to clients within the Payments and E-Money space. In addition to delivering high quality work to their Payments clients, the role also involves working across a number of different areas to ensure all Payments Clients’ regulatory needs are met. The role offers significant opportunity to develop the Payments business within the Risk & Transformation Practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters. This includes: conducting regulatory reviews; delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance; staff and senior management; assisting with authorisations; drafting policies and procedures; and responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries.
- Manage projects, often with multiple workstreams. This includes project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management and project close-down.
- Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients. This may include: responding to all queries, managing client expectations and delegating work, where necessary; reviewing the work of colleagues and providing constructive feedback; ensuring accurate invoicing, timely payment and assisting the Finance team in resolving any queries; and dealing with any complaints quickly and effectively.
- Grow Payments and E money related revenue, ensuring the full range of business development activity is in place to win new clients, grow existing clients and cross sell.
- Review and renew current process where appropriate to enhance current successes
- Ensure Consultants are kept up to date with global regulatory change themes so that the company can develop appropriate commercial offerings in response
- Compliance and Regulatory SME in the area of Payments and E money
- Familiar with associated areas of regulation (banking, lending, credit cards etc)
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and requirements so you can provide relevant and accurate advice.
- Conduct research and assist colleagues with preparing templates and other technical material on topics of interest.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Ideally a minimum of seven years of Payments and E money related compliance experience.
- Educated to degree level.
- Previous experience of working with payment service institutions, e-money institutions and/or financial services innovators, and/or relevant regulatory bodies.
- Evidenced experience of positive change management, looking at current processes to encourage increased productivity and efficiency
- Ability to anticipate, monitor and manage compliance risks resulting from various investments and business activities.