£65,000 + Package
26 days ago
The Client is a global law firm with offices in the UK, US, Europe, MENA and APAC. This new role will be responsible for driving the Conflicts strategy within the organisation and ensuring that Conflict of Interest checks are performed effectively by the Conflicts team.
Your key responsibilities will be
- Lead engagement with the General Counsel and Professional Responsibility Committee
- Identify potential conflict of interests
- Analyse results from searches of the firm’s conflicts database and outside sources to identify potential or actual conflicts posed by new work or new hires;
- actively consult and advise firm attorneys regarding conflicts clearance;
- Draft conflicts waivers or takes other steps to cure conflicts;
- provides instruction and supervises the work of the non-lawyer conflicts staff
You will be a qualified solicitor with 2-4 years PQE. You will have gained experience as a Conflicts Lawyer ideally within an US & UK based legal firm and be comfortable taking the lead on Conflicts matters for the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developing Conflicts Lawyer to join a growing, new team within a global business with great potential for growth.