£70,000-£80,000 basic salary plus package
30 days ago
Our client is a local government pension scheme which manages around £30bn of investments and due to continued growth, they are currently looking to recruit a dedicated Senior Conduct Risk specialist to help implement and deliver the business’s compliance and risk management framework.
The role will be responsible for the design, delivery and for managing and overseeing the firm’s compliance and risk strategy.
Reporting into the Chief Risk Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Being the relevant compliance and risk subject matter expert
- Maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to effectively and compliantly execute the relevant allocated duties.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, specifically FCA handbook obligations which impact the firm
- Provision of compliance advice to the business as required.
- Facilitate the CRO’s oversight of the firm’s services and operations by setting up the framework to help gather and prepare information in relation to conduct risk activities, product governance, compliance guidelines monitoring, investment risk oversight (suitability).
- Design and delivery of the Compliance Monitoring programme
- Following up on remedial actions associated with risk events/breaches.
- Supporting regulatory changes and supporting the relevant implementation activities to ensure ongoing compliance including training.
- Due diligence of investment managers and key outsourced service providers.
- Construction of compliance and risk reporting for Risk Committee and Board.
Skills and experience:
- Strong Regulatory and/or Conduct Risk experience preferably gained within either an Investment, Fund, Wealth or Pension environment
- Holds working knowledge of regulatory requirements within the UK Financial Services markets.
- Has working knowledge of an Investment Manager’s regulatory and legal responsibilities and obligations.
- You will be detail-oriented, pragmatic and work with a high degree of common sense.
- Possess the ability to challenge effectively across all levels of the firm.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Acts with integrity and a degree of pragmatism when circumstances require