£30,000 + benefits
about 2 months ago
Our client is a well-respected Wealth Management business who offer a broad range of products to their customer. An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the business in the role of Compliance Technician where you will assist in managing and assessing file reviews submitted by the Company’s Independent Financial Advisers in line with the Company’s Training and Competency (T&C) requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Checking a sample of files for new business transacted by the firm’s advisers, to ensure advice is suitable and documented in accordance with regulatory requirements. Feedback to advisers on the outcome and any remedial actions required. Follow up to ensure remedial actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Compile and collate Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data and management information required to monitor adviser performance and ongoing competency.
- Conduct periodic 1-2-1s with advisers to feedback on performance, highlight strengths and development areas, record results and provide coaching and training as appropriate.
- Present on compliance matters to advisers and staff at Team Meetings, or as and when required.
- To compile MI reports on any areas outside compliance (e.g. late suitability reports, expired financial promotions etc). so that these are bought back under compliance.
- Produce formal six-monthly compliance and AML reports for the firm’s senior management.
- Produce six monthly TCF reports for the firm’s senior management (and all supplementary forms/documentation accompanying these)
- Complaint handling – i.e. initial logging of any complaints received, PI Insurer notification, investigating the complaint and communicating the outcome to the complainant.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and up to date records across all the above areas.
- Previous compliance knowledge or experience – e.g. from working in a compliance team, file checker, para-planner or possibly audit.
- Minimum FPC and CeMAP qualifications, plus R01. Preferably full level 4 diploma qualified, or if not, working towards this.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.