£40,000 - £47,500 + Bonus + Benefits
over 2 years ago
My client is a major consumer credit financial services company operating in the UK.
They are currently looking for an individual who will carry out risk-based monitoring/testing across the Groups Commercial and Operational functions.
Sitting in the 1st line of defence activities will include creating and delivering control testing plans, assessing compliance with policy and procedures and oversight of regulatory change activity.
- Support the creation of risk based monitoring/testing plans for risk and control activity across the group.
- Perform testing of controls to identify gaps and weaknesses and work with key stakeholders to establish an action plan to close any deficiencies;
- Assess compliance with relevant regulatory and statutory requirements (including those as detailed in the FCA Handbook);
- Review adherence to policy and procedures, considering both commercial and customer impact;
- Support change activity to ensure risks are managed, appropriate controls are implemented and policies and procedures are updated when required;
- Assist with establishing control frameworks for Valuation Creation Plan (VCP) initiatives;
- Test controls and report on Change and VCP initiatives once delivered;
- Support the regulatory change process to ensure that the business is appropriately aware of ‘over the horizon’ regulatory news / requirements / consultations papers;
- Assist the business to identify and manage risks and support a regular RCSA process;
- Assist with the management of incidents and work with the relevant business area owners to ensure that issues/incidents are reported, remediated and root cause analysis performed;
- Preparation of reporting and presentations for senior management and relevant committees;
- Assist the implementation of enhancements to the Groups Risk Framework into the organisation;
- Support maintenance of the internal risk and control recording system.
- Previous experience in risk and compliance monitoring roles within a financial services environment;
- Understanding of FCA and legal requirements related to consumer finance;
- An understanding of the way processes works and how controls can influence the effective management of risk within the business environment;
- Experience in preparing customer journey and thematic review reporting;
- Previous experience of supporting the creation of Committee / Forum papers;
- Strong language skills – written and verbal;
- Structured and organised approach;
- Ability to work autonomously to analyse and articulate key requirements;
- Ability to work well with colleagues of all levels;