This UK operation of a global large insurer, targeting products to corporate, legal and financial organisations in a B2B environment. Sitting in one of their subsidiaries, this role is to cover a maternity leave in their Governance team.
Accessible locations: Kent, London.
- Ensure that the company complies with existing regulations and internal policy and ensures that all new regulatory developments and requirements are incorporated into the company’s policy and procedures across the UK.
- Manage regulatory submissions
- Provide Compliance training, technical guidance, support and tailored feedback on regulatory issues relevant to the business.
- Monitor new regulatory developments and legislation that affect the business and operation of the company
- Understand and implement oversight and audit requirements with particular emphasis on appointed representatives and outsourcing. The role offers variety, ownership and the opportunity to get involved in key projects and initiatives across the business
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of UK compliance and regulatory laws plus knowledge of the FCA and PRA handbooks with particular emphasis on the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Insurance background including experience of the IDD and possess a relevant qualification for the role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a flair for relationship building.
- You will be able to organise and prioritise a varied and busy workload often within tight deadlines and be clear and focussed on achieving targets.
- Independent and able to work on your own initiative, you will also have the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Above all you will be self-motivated, pragmatic and principled, and possess a flexible approach to your work
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.