7 months ago
MERJE is currently supporting a highly reputable and well established global Alternative Funds/Private Equity firm in their search for a Compliance specialist to join their team in London. The primary focus will be to support the Head of Compliance & MLRO both locally and globally to ensure the firm continues to manage their evolving regulatory requirements.
Taking on generalist remit, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and guidance on marketing literature, white papers, financial promotions and RFQ’s
- Supporting the MLRO and the AML/KYC champion in the onboarding process.
- Providing advice and guidance on financial crime risks (particularly AML and terrorist financing)
- Supporting the global Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Assisting with the oversight of staff disclosures and Individual Accountability regime requirements (such as SMCR)
- Help to produce MI for Board Reporting and other governance
- Maintenance of written policies and procedures
- Delivering applicable training to the business and other colleagues.
- The review of applicable regulatory developments that impact the business in Europe & Asia.
- 3-4 years of Compliance experienced gained in either a private equity / alternative investments or funds environment
- Excellent understanding of Financial Crime risks and knowledge of KYC & AML requirements
- Relevant experience dealing with Financial Promotions/Marketing
- Ideally some knowledge of regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions ie Luxembourg
- AIFMD/MIFID/FCA Handbook knowledge
- A good degree is a must (from a Russell Group university is advantageous).
- Team Player - collaborative but also able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated, highly organised, strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.