£40,000 - £50,000
3 months ago
Job Description: Our client is looking for a strong compliance professional to be the primary source of compliance advice to 1st line of defence business areas. The role will also carry out quality assurance 2nd line of defence monitoring activites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for providing accurate and timely compliance service delivery on both strategic development and operational matters.
- Embed in allocated business areas as functional business partner to the first line of defence to identify, assess and monitor and support the business area
- Provide independent day-to-day quality assurance support, guidance and recommendations to identify regulatory compliance risks associated with business activities. Assist allocated business areas with the planning and the implementations of changes.
- Establish, implement and maintain adequate policies and procedures and compliance risk mitigating recommendations / advice sufficient to ensure compliance of the organisation including its managers, employees and appointed representatives with obligations under relevant regulatory laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of regulatory requirements, particularly in terms of their impact on activities in the business.
- Plan for and undertake monitoring activity in relation to the Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure alignment with relevant regulatory laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support the compliance team in the design of the overall Compliance Monitoring Plan and the individual scoping of reviews, in addition to identifying any amendments that might be required during its operational phase to facilitate appropriate decision-taking.
- Participate and advise on key business projects and thematic business wide compliance activity, as required.
- Assist in driving the Compliance Monitoring Plan forward and identifying any potential risks in terms of not being able to complete the plan or specific reviews within planned timelines, escalating these issues where necessary within the compliance team in line with business
- Planning and organising - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors including deadlines
- Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies and techniques.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, process or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Excellent communication – working with all levels of the business
- Consumer Credit or Motor Finance background would be ideal