Circa £35,000 plus Benefits
6 months ago
My client is a well-known Insurance company who are currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer to join the firms Compliance & Risk department. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, you will undertake responsibility for the completion of the off-site compliance monitoring plans both internally and externally, conducting risk based and customer focussed testing to ensure outcomes are correct and regulatory compliance is achieved.
- Conduct all sections of the internal compliance monitoring programme in accordance with the schedule, ensuring exceptions are identified and recorded accurately.
- Complete all quality assurance monitoring in accordance with the schedule.
- Liaise and consult with the business as required to ensure that any remedial actions are undertaken as required.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with the completion of the regulatory / industry environment process.
- Support the Compliance Manager with the completion of the supplier management and policy oversight processes.
- Act as a point of contact for compliance queries.
- To ensure that the work undertaken complies at all times with all regulatory / industry requirements, including all applicable FCA Handbooks (ICOBS).
- Develop cross functional relationships and work collaboratively with all functions to achieve goals.
- Broad based compliance experience
- Experience of Insurance or Financial Services
- A good problem solver and investigator.
- Self-motivated – ability to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team player – able to achieve results through working with other people.