£30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
4 months ago
My client is an entrepreneurially led fin tech business who are on the cusp of some very exciting growth plans. Privately owned and fully regulated, they deliver fair and flexible financial products in a socially responsible way.
An exciting new role has come up for a Compliance Officer who will be responsible for supporting delivery of key regulatory requirements across compliance and data protection and ongoing maintenance of appropriate compliance practice and controls
Key responsibilities include:
● Provide guidance to the business in respect of the FCA requirements for third party oversight, to support the business design and implement an operational third party oversight framework.
● Provide ongoing advice, guidance and support on FCA requirements and other relevant regulatory/legislative requirements.
● Ensure effective horizon scanning and regulatory change requirements are interpreted and communicated to the business and support implementation of change.
● Review and sign-off financial promotions and ensure appropriate record keeping is maintained.
● Assist with the periodic review of policies and training.
● Support with ongoing advice to the business on how to comply with the EU GDPR/ UK GDPR & DPA 2018.
● The ideal candidate will have experience working in the consumer credit sector and a sound understanding of the regulatory regimes governing the UK.
● Experience of working within a compliance role involving advising, developing process and procedures, monitoring and reporting across the business.
● Solid working knowledge of Data Protection principles.
● Building relationships and working collaboratively across an organisation and with third parties.
● Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
● Ability to explain regulatory requirements and obligations to colleagues of all levels of experience.
Salary range is entirely commensurate with experience. The role will initially be based remotely and moving forward they would be looking at a very flexible working arrangement which will equally combine office and home based working.
MERJE have been instructed EXCLUSIVELY on this role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.