c. £40,000 + Benefits
8 months ago
My client is entrepreneurially led, very well respected and a market leader in the field in which they operate.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to be based in their Manchester office with flexibility to combine with homeworking. In this role you will ensure the firm complies with all regulation, legislation and industry best practice relating to debt collection, consumer credit and mortgage activity.
Responsibilities within the role will include;
- Act as a subject matter expert on industry compliance requirements, including regulatory changes and guidance on: FCA, FOS, GDPR & ICO, Ofcom, CSA, LSB and CCA.
- Identify and manage compliance risks, provide solutions which underpin the commitment to fair treatment of customers
- Play an active role in raising regulatory awareness through training in the business
- Establish effective relationships and provide trusted, pragmatic and pro-active compliance support to all areas of the UK business
- Use and implement business tools, systems and controls allowing to monitor regulatory risks and identify trends
- Support the business in achieving its strategic objectives while demonstrating business values and promoting culture of accountability
- Participate in client audits, prepare for visits, collate feedback and identify and manage changes required
- Support business in identification, management and resolution of incidents as and when required
- Identify and escalate any instances of regulatory breaches via appropriate governance
- Be effective in using and implementing business tools, systems and controls for analysing and monitoring regulatory risks
- Experience of working in a similar role, or the ability to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of the consumer credit and mortgage market
- Demonstrate excellent standards of delivery of compliance best practice in a regulated business
- Strong people skills – ability to influence, persuade, motivate and to challenge
- Excellent communication skills and excellent attention to detail
They offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and they pride themselves on rewarding success with an excellent bonus scheme and incentive package. Salary range is broad and entirely commensurate with experience
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.