to £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
about 1 year ago
My client is entrepreneurially led, very well respected and a market leader in the field in which they operate. Financially strong, they are a European regulated business operating in five different geographies delivering string financial returns.
Due to a period of significant growth they have a great new role for a Compliance Officer to join on a permanent basis in the Manchester office. You’ll join the UK Compliance function and will ensure that as a regulated business they comply with all regulation, legislation and industry best practice relating to debt collection and consumer credit and mortgage activity.
The role will oversee adherence to relevant standards and practices, such as compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook (FCA), Lending Standards Board (LSB) Standards, General Data Protection Regulation, Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering regulations, Consumer Credit Act etc. and ensure their UK customers are treated appropriately and fairly.
The role includes day to day hands on involvement with the UK business, including, regulatory reporting, implementation of regulatory change, compliance advisory work, working on key business projects, and compliance approvals.
Responsibilities within the role will include;
- Act as a subject matter expert on industry compliance requirements, including regulatory changes and guidance on: FCA, FOS, GDPR & ICO, Ofcom, CSA, LSB and CCA.
- Identify and manage compliance risks, provide solutions which underpin the firm’s commitment to fair treatment of its customers and play an active role in raising regulatory awareness through training in the business
- Establish effective relationships and provide trusted, pragmatic and pro-active compliance support to all areas of the UK business
- Use and implement business tools, systems and controls allowing to monitor regulatory risks and identify trends
- Support the business in achieving its strategic objectives while demonstrating business values and promoting culture of accountability
- Participate in client audits, prepare for visits, collate feedback and identify and manage changes required
- Support business in identification, management and resolution of incidents as and when required. Identify and escalate any instances of regulatory breaches via appropriate governance Review and approve business documents including procedures, strategies and letters
- Establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally, providing assurance support to all areas of the business
- Be effective in using and implementing business tools, systems and controls for analysing and monitoring regulatory risks
- Experience of working in a similar role, or the ability to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of the consumer credit and mortgage market
- Demonstrate excellent standards of delivery of compliance best practice in a regulated business
- Strong people skills – ability to influence, persuade, motivate and to challenge
- Excellent communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work towards short deadlines and under pressure
- Good negotiation skills
- Have naturally inquisitive mind, identifying actual and potential issues
- The ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
You’ll receive fantastic training and support, swift progression for good performance and a fantastic working environment in state of the art offices.
They offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and they pride themselves on rewarding success with an excellent bonus scheme and incentive package.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.