£25,000 - £28,000
4 months ago
Our client is a leading fintech business who are looking for a Compliance Officer to join a growing team. The role will be responsible for providing an efficient, comprehensive and professional compliance service with specific responsibility for client due diligence, AML monitoring and supporting client audits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform due diligence on third party client’s acting as agents or distributors on behalf of the company.
- Audit 3rd party clients’ processes to ensure they are administering their agreed AML policies in line with business requirements.
- Analyse data from fraud system to identify high risk activity and make recommendations to amend or add new rules to combat financial crime and money laundering activities.
- Support clients in developing enhancements to their AML processes, where required.
- Regularly review client’s documentation to ensure it is in line with the risk appetite.
- Provide advice and support to Clients and internal staff on AML regulation, processes and procedures.
- Keep up to date with changes in AML regulation, KYC processes and developments in the industry.
- Make recommendations to enhance in-house AML and KYC processes.
- Act as liaison point for Client queries on AML processes.
- Review Suspicious Activity Report submissions, collect additional data and make recommendation for action to the Compliance Manager.
- Collate and report on SAR reporting.
- On instruction from MLRO, submit necessary cases to Action Fraud or the National Crime Agency.
- Produce monthly statistics on AML processes both internal and external.
- To gain an understanding of the other regulatory aspects of the business including payment services, e-money, data protection, interchange fee regulation, payment accounts directive and Visa regulations.
- To support the Compliance department and provide additional cover for fraud, chargeback and contract activities.
- Make recommendations to streamline or enhance the performance or efficiency of the business.
- Carry out additional ad-hoc tasks or projects as may be required by Compliance and senior management from time-to-time.
- Graduate with experience working in financial crime prevention and/or compliance roles
- Experience of dealing directly with business clients within Financial Services
- Good knowledge of AML regulation and best practices
- Awareness of financial systems and processes