Cheshire West and Chester
£23,000 - £26,000
5 months ago
Our client is a leading retail bank who are currently recruiting for a Compliance Risk Officer. The role is responsible for helping the bank maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Support the Head of Compliance as and when required on specific activities and projects;
- Produce reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit;
- Undertake specific tasks within set terms of reference and defined processes;
- To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice and guidance on appropriate compliance framework, policies and procedures, which will facilitate the business in identifying, assessing and managing compliance risk within the business, meeting the standards set and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated;
- Through regular and appropriate business involvement ensure all compliance work is carried out to the required level of competence as set out by legal and regulatory requirements in order to comply with generally accepted principles of compliance and supporting the strategic operating requirements of the division;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the internal stakeholders
- Regularly review and keep up to date with changes in regulatory, legislative and market practices that impact the business
- Previous compliance experience within the financial services industry and compliance.
- 2/3 years’ experience of working in a multi-disciplined team across business units.
- Strong understanding of all regulations that impact banks