about 2 months ago
Our client is a market leading and long standing retailer who represent many brands within their sector. They have grown significantly in recent years and are also listed on the London Stock Exchange.
An opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Monitoring Officer to join the Monitoring team who operate independently and are responsible for monitoring and assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the regulatory and conduct Risk Management practice, policies, risk culture and risk methodologies across the group.
Key responsibilities include;
- Assist in completing, updating and reporting on the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Plan and conduct risk-based thematic reviews within the first line of defence to assess whether effective controls are in place for the group to meet its regulatory obligations through adherence to its policies, procedures and processes
- Oversee the implementation of appropriate remedial measures to agreed timescales, where deficiencies have been identified.
- Assist in the updating of the Compliance Risk Assessment with output from the Compliance Monitoring plan
- To create and record for each individual thematic review the Terms of Reference, Testing Schedules, Factual Accuracy Documents, Draft and Final Reports, Action Plan Closure
- Deliver allocated Compliance Monitoring activity on a quarterly basis in adherence to the Compliance Monitoring Methodology
- Prepare draft and final reports for discussion with the Compliance Monitoring Manager and the Head of Compliance if necessary
- To assist in the production of regular Compliance monitoring management information for all governance fora up to the Board so they can identify, measure, manage and control these risks, covering progress and outcomes of the CMP
- Assist in providing the business with details of the corrective action required to remedy weaknesses together with any developments identified during compliance investigations and monitoring in a timely manner
- Good understanding of consumer credit / insurance mediation activities
- Ability to deliver compliance monitoring activity and a thorough understanding of relevant regulatory requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex regulatory compliance issues at all levels, both internally and externally
- Display initiative in identifying and presenting solutions to support activities and plans
The role is initially being recruited for on a FTC for a period of 10 months. It will predominantly be home based with some occasional travel post Covid.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.