Newcastle upon Tyne
3 months ago
Financial Services business, with a UK wide presence, are looking to expand their Compliance function with the addition of a Compliance Monitoring Officer to be based out of their North East office in Newcastle. The position will play a key second line role in delivering an effective Risk Based Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) that fits in with the overall strategy of the business and the Risk & Compliance function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead from the front in the delivery of the annual risk-based CMP by completing high-quality, regulatory compliance monitoring reviews;
- Delivery of consistent regulatory monitoring and reviews of procedures, systems and practices and, producing written reports that prescribes appropriate, relevant and pragmatic corrective action within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- In conjunction with the Compliance Monitoring Manager proactively support the continuing development of the CMP;
- Manage and prioritise own workload which will include multiple monitoring reviews, whilst considering the broader CMP;
- Support and as and when required lead ad-hoc investigative activities, and Regulator thematic interactions;
- Support the Compliance Monitoring Manager and when required regular reporting to management on CMP output and progress;
- Work closely with the Compliance Monitoring Manager to continually improve processes and systems for Compliance reviews, with an emphasis upon business service levels, productivity, efficiency optimisation and the long-term benefits;
- Take responsibility for own personal development including, but not limited to keeping up to date in respect to all relevant sections of the FCA Handbook, consultation papers, and final notices.
- As and when required support the responsibilities of the Compliance Monitoring Manager and the broader Compliance team to fulfil their ongoing obligations.
- Extensive experience within the Financial Services sector, with specific interest in general insurance regulation.
- Significant time spent in a Compliance role
- Demonstrable experience of working with, and challenging, senior managers
- Proven track record of annual planning and delivery of compliance monitoring
- Ability to effectively liaise, influence, communicate, and negotiate with a range of stakeholders
- Advisory experience and strong business analysis skills to effectively assess and respond to a diverse range of situations and requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of FCA approach, priorities and context