to £45,000 + benefits
4 days ago
My client is a well-known consumer finance organisation who are looking to grow their team by appointing a Compliance Monitoring Officer to deliver the compliance monitoring and testing outputs agreed in the annual compliance risk monitoring plan by carrying out relevant reviews as allocated.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Conduct routine outcomes testing of high risk activities and associated line 1 controls
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations as required, completing root cause analysis to identify any possible systemic issues. Add hoc investigations could result from a testing/monitoring review or through a review of operational MI.
- Work with other team members on projects to advise on post implementation monitoring requirements
- Ensuring adequate records are maintained for all monitoring carried out the business and that actions are followed through and tested. Maintain action tracking log and work with key stakeholders to bring actions to conclusion.
- Ensure that all external audits from whatever source are retained and that appropriate management response and actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Work with the Compliance Director to produce a risk based annual compliance plan
- Appraise the Compliance Director in a timely fashion where risks emerge that impact the delivery of monitoring
- Train other team members to undertake monitoring activities as and when required.
- Act as SME to the business on all monitoring related queries; promoting a culture of compliance across the firms’ strategic business units and ensuring that the TCF outcomes are embedded within all activities as a matter of course
- Suitable skills and knowledge demonstrated through similar previous experience within a financial services regulated environment
- Understanding of the UK regulatory regime and rules applicable to the Consumer Finance sector (CONC)
- Experience of setting up and delivering 2nd line Compliance Monitoring frameworks within an FCA regulated environment
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills and strong skills in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication, organisational and prioritisation skills
Salary is commensurate with experience and will be commensurate with the role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.