To assist the Company in the management of regulatory risk by undertaking independent assessments and monitoring to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place by the business to ensure compliance with its obligations under the regulatory system.
The role will involve:
• Assisting the Compliance Director in ensuring the appropriateness of the Company’s overall Compliance Monitoring Programme taking account of internal risk assessments, external regulatory developments and the Company’s business plan.
• Participating in the delivery of the Company’s File Review Programme including all aspects of the work implicit in that Programme including but not limited to Client Onboarding, Communication, and ensuring the Suitability of Pension Transfers recommendations and any Investment Schemes.
• Undertaking or assisting in other Compliance Reviews and Monitoring activities in accordance with the timetable set out in the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
• Reporting the findings of all review and monitoring activity, where appropriate, identifying root causes / wider implications, making recommendations for change, agreeing any remedial actions, ensuring agreed remedial actions are carried out.
• Undertaking research on regulatory developments applicable to the business, providing advice and assistance to the Directors, Managers, Committees, Other Groups and Staff in respect of the impact of those developments on the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Providing additional support to the Complaints Co-Ordinator in the investigation and resolution of complaints., liaising with internal and external parties as required.
• Assisting with the preparation and submission of regulatory reports and returns to the Financial Conduct Authority.
• Experience in a similar (compliance/audit) role gained within the Financial Services Industry, preferably in the Financial Adviser / Pensions Transfers sector.
• Relevant professional qualifications, preferably including an appropriate qualification relating to Pension Transfers (e.g. CII Certificate in Pension Transfer Advice, Diploma in Financial Planning + AF7 Pension Transfers, G60 paper of the Advanced Financial Planning Certificate).