£25,000 - £35,000
over 2 years ago
Our client is a leading financial services’ business who are currently recruiting for a Compliance Monitoring Officer. The role will be responsible for ensuring that business activities are meeting industry and regulatory compliance standards.
- Delivery of activities forming part of the Compliance Monitoring & Risk Assurance Plan in accordance with the team procedures and methodologies.
- To support maintenance of the team procedures and methodologies (and to adopt best practice, efficiencies and economies of scale where appropriate).
- To engage with Key Stakeholders to ensure that relevant regulatory and legislative risks to the business are identified, communicated and addressed during monitoring.
- Interpret and apply relevant regulatory and legislative guidance to the business areas and provide pragmatic alternative solutions and support to the business where standards are deemed to be non-compliant.
- To present findings and reports including suggestions for relevant remedial actions, in a clear, accurate and consistent manner.
- To maintain appropriate and sufficient records to support and evidence the approach and outcomes of each monitoring and risk assurance activity.
- To maintain and develop relationships with key business customers whilst retaining the independent status required of a monitoring and assurance function.
- To escalate risks and issues to the Risk & Compliance Manager and / or Divisional Risk & Compliance Director as appropriate.
- Good experience in a risk assurance, compliance monitoring, operational risk or internal audit environment
- Knowledge of financial services and relevant financial services’ regulation including
- Knowledge of business continuity, information security and financial crime would be beneficial.