5 months ago
Working for this successful IFA practice with UK wide presence, the main purpose of the role is to deliver second line of defence compliance monitoring, in line with the business strategy and day to day operations of the Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Compliance in developing the Compliance Assurance Plan setting out an appropriate programme of risk based compliance assurance activities
- Deliver all required aspects of the Compliance Assurance Plan on time and to a high standard
- Monitoring activities to include all regulatory regulations applicable to the Group – in particular assessing suitability of advice, corporate policy, third party administrators and training & competence
- Monitor, review and follow-up the implementation of compliance recommendations agreed with management
- Assist in the provision of compliance training
- Carry out thematic monitoring and investigations as required
- Assist with developing, maintaining and implementing an effective risk management framework across the Group, in line with regulatory requirements
- A demonstrable understanding of the relevant risk, compliance and regulatory considerations in the UK Wealth Management market
- Detailed regulatory knowledge in particular, PRIN, SYSC, SUP, COBS
- Good product knowledge including pensions, collective investment schemes and other investment products
- Experience of a compliance assurance environment within financial services
- Strong communication skills to influence management in the organisation and be able to present clear and comprehensive documentation
- Ideally holding a relevant professional qualification in financial advice / or compliance industry qualification (CISI/CII) ideally to level 6 or equivalent.