£32,500 - £38,000 + benefits
8 months ago
Our client is a well-respected financial services organisation looking for an individual who will report to the Head of Compliance and Risk and undertake this broad yet rewarding role working as part of a small but dedicated team.
The role is split between supporting the Compliance Function and the Training & Competence Supervisor.
· To undertake file reviews on business submitted by Appointed Representative firms, providing feedback and development.
· To record and monitor new business submitted by Appointed Representative firms.
· To maintain and embed the T&C Scheme, taking responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the scheme are adhered to.
· To be responsible for the recording and checking of all financial promotions.
· To be responsible for the handling and monitoring of complaints.
· To conduct T&C visits across all product areas, determining the suitability of the advice given and highlighting areas for development.
· To facilitate and deliver T&C training for Network Appointed Representatives.
· To educate the client facing staff in the business on the benefits of a robust T&C Scheme.
· To act as a referral point for complex files or sensitive issues.
· To identify common themes and risks across the business in terms of development areas or knowledge gaps.
· To develop strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business and any relevant third parties.
· To visit group members and potential members as required, carrying out due diligence, compliance checks and firm and adviser level training and development.
· To have delegated authority to ensure that the Money Laundering Regulations are complied with and advisers receive appropriate training at appropriate intervals.
· To monitor all promotional material as defined in the FCA rules and to be responsible for the maintenance and revision as required of the Disclosure documents of the Appointed Representative Companies.
· To assist in the running of induction courses and other training courses.
· To monitor and report where necessary changes made to the FCA handbook or guidance given by the FCA.
· To review and update the Compliance manual as required.
· To identify any material risks that occurs in the compliance function. These should be entered onto the Risk Database and appropriately monitored and reviewed.
· To support the implementation of corporate culture initiatives.
· To be aware and comply with office health and safety procedures.
· To carry out other such duties and responsibilities as required by your line manager or assigned to you by the Society from time to time.
· CII / PFS qualification, ideally QCA Level 4 Diploma– Essential.
· Certificate in Mortgage Advice or equivalent – Essential.
· Proven experience in working within a T&C/Suitability role – Essential.
· Has a good understanding of FCA requirements for T&C – Essential.
· Demonstrable knowledge of suitability, risk profiles and KYC – Essential.
· Supervisory qualifications such as H15, J07 or AF6 - Desirable.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to challenge when required, in a constructive manner.
· Experience with working with IFAs.
The role will be a mixture of office and field based work but travel is likely to be restricted to approximately 2 days a month.
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role