Job Description: Heading up the Compliance function within the Corporate department which also provides Legal, Info Sec, Finance and HR services to allied businesses that are co-located within the London office and abroad.
The Client- A leading Software company operating a number of entities across a worldwide platform, offering to do extraordinary things with data. They create and support ground-breaking software which enables businesses to use data to commercially drive their strategies and innovatively develop product offerings and services.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Take ownership of the compliance function and ensure all matters are quality driven and centrally supported with best practice
- The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a centralised, coordinated system of information management and certification of quality standards in regards to how the business operates
- The overall management of the business around corporate governance matters
- Focus on Compliance, Risk Reporting, Regulatory management and Audit
- Change management and training throughout the company for the implementation of structures, procedures and information exchange
- Oversight of work for external consultants on allocated projects in regards to compliance and standards
- Senior stakeholder management to ensure conformance with company and industry standards
- Reporting regular updates and having regular meetings with Senior management – support with MI as required
- Collaboration with all functions and liaising with non-technical people in the business around technical compliance, risk and audit matters
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with multiple functions within an SME business.
- Several years’ experience in compliance, audit and risk management in a technology context
- Bachelor’s degree in law, business management or another relevant specialisation
- Desirable if can bring previous experience with Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and Data Protection, including ISO 27001 and ISO 9001.
- Experience of working within a regulatory framework and of making submissions to regulators
- Solid background in Risk (Corporate Risk / Risk mitigations) and Compliance
- Strong people person with excellent communication skills
- A solid influencer with excellent soft skills to be able to identify the realities and gain trust and respect from the business
- A background in the software/ technology industry would be advantageous
- Cultural fit within an innovative environment with a strong commercial focus