Patrick Gerard Dahill
about 2 months ago
A Commodities Trading and Trade Finance organisation are looking to recruit a Part-Time Compliance Manager (3 Days/ Week) to join their family office on an initial 1 year Fixed Term contract with a the option of going permanent at the end of the contract. Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director, you will have direct access to the senior leadership team and given the resources and backing to ensure the organisation builds an effective compliance culture.
The organisation is responsible for trading of Raw Materials between the UK, Europe and Middle East and providing Trade Finance. They have a very engaging internal culture, a good work/life balance, and have a committed approach to ensuring compliance is seen as a key component to the business.
- Completion of KYC and AML, tax returns for trusts, and estates
- Annual compliance checks, ensuring departmental procedures are compiled with
- Interpret and disseminate information about regulatory changes and adapt procedures, documents and compliance tools to accommodate these rule changes.
- Aware of latest system and tools for compliance/KYC/AML.
- Define strategy and develop policy to ensure robust arrangements for compliance
- Ensure that the internal compliance policy and procedures manual is maintained.
- Assisting senior managers as required with planning and advisory work
- Draft the necessary policies and procedures to reflect new requirements or to update existing policies
- To be able to provide consultancy and VAT advisory services at the highest standard.
- A minimum of three to five years as a Compliance Officer (essential).
- A solid understanding of UK conduct regulation (ICOBs, FCA handbook etc.)
- The ability to combine “soft” influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with an ability to encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, requests and challenges
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking for a Part-Time position within a high performing and growing organisation, to take ownership of the full compliance programme for the business and build effective, long-term partnerships.