My client is an independent body that covers both personal and business customers of financial services. Independent in their approach to setting standards and to overseeing compliance with those standards.
To support the firm’s compliance oversight work, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and talented individual to join the Compliance team and cover a period of maternity for up to 12 months
Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will take responsibility for assessing adherence to standards of lending practice and other Codes and Standards across a portfolio of registered firms, in order to provide the Groups Executive and Board with an appropriate level of assurance.
The Compliance team is responsible for overseeing adherence to the standards and Codes through risk-based review activity. They will also identify areas of industry good practice through reviews, meeting with registered firms and other sources of intelligence. The Compliance manager will be responsible for the day-to-day relationship with registered firms and the provision of advice and guidance to these firms.
The role requires the provision of clear and detailed reports to the Group’s Executive and registered firms.
- A risk management, compliance or audit background in the UK retail financial services industry with a good understanding of the credit regulatory landscape
- Self-starter with the ability to work alone for extended periods
- First class communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Strong report writing ability
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with senior personnel and gaining acceptance of report findings
- Ability to undertake detailed analysis across a range of monitoring activities
- Ability to deal constructively with resistance and support the identification of pragmatic solutions
- A team plyer willing to contribute enthusiasm, ideas and suggestions
- Knowledge of UK retail banking and consumer credit regulation (desirable)
- Knowledge of practices and processes relating to lending to small businesses (desirable)
The role will be home based but the role holder will be required to travel throughout the UK to visit registered firms which will involve overnight stays as necessary. All travel expenses will be fully covered and benefits include a generous pension, Private Health care, group Life assurance and 30 days paid annual leave.
Base Salary is fixed at the rate quoted and is non-negotiable
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.