about 1 month ago
Job Description: The Compliance Manager is primarily responsible for the design, review and implementation of regulated activity across the Group within the FCA regulated divisions of the business. The focus will be on FCA products under Insurance and Loans (ICOBS and CONC). The key purpose of this role is to ensure the business is, and remains demonstrably compliant with the legal, regulatory and industry requirements together with additional related internal/external standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure compliance of the Company’s activities, resources and staff, with the requirements of industry and government lead regulation, within a framework of business efficiency.
- To set up, monitor and maintain adequate and appropriate systems and controls to ensure that the firm meets its regulatory requirements.
- To manage the regulatory requirements of the company stemming from the FCA rules relating to insurance and lending.
- To provide advice and, as necessary, management of any parts of the firm’s FCA compliance planning and to report progress to the company on a regular basis.
- To work with the General Counsel and Senior Management in setting up appropriate systems and controls to ensure that the firm meets its regulatory obligations.
- To undertake such action as is necessary to ensure compliance with any further direction issued by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Office of the Information Commissioner.
- Manage the company Compliance Plan and other additional Project Management and supplier support to deliver compliance to FCA regulations.
- To network with other professional bodies, stakeholders and Regulatory Authorities to ensure that we are aware of ongoing developments.
- To represent the company to product providers, auditors, agents and the FCA and any other bodies in connection with FCA regulations.