W1siziisimnvbxbpbgvkx3rozw1lx2fzc2v0cy9nzxjqzs9qcgcvam9ilwjhbm5lci5qcgcixv0

Compliance Manager – FX (12 Month FTC)

  • Location

    London

  • Discipline:

    Compliance

  • Job type:

    Permanent

  • Salary:

    £45,000 - £55,000

  • Consultant:

    Edward Manson

  • Email:

    emanson@merje.com

  • Job ref:

    EM/16331

  • Published:

    8 days ago

Client

Our client is a fast growing FX and Payments business and is currently looking to bring in a capable generalist Compliance and AML specialist who can cover for their departing Compliance Manager on a 12-month interim basis.

Key Responsibilities

As Compliance Manager, you will have responsibility for compliance and anti-money laundering as well as providing oversight of a small team of 2 junior Compliance specialists. The role of Compliance Manager is broad and you will need to have a strong understanding of two sets of regulations and all related guidance and rules, including the JMLSG guidance notes, HMRC Money Laundering Regulation, EMIR, MIFID and MIFID ii.

The role will be split with 75% of time spent on AML, KYC and overseeing the firms existing compliance team of 2 analysts with the other 25% spent on other business elements including ad hoc paperwork, reporting and training.

You will be involved in some of the below:

  • Client on boarding
  • Client transactions
  • Dealer execution
  • Client appropriateness assessment
  • Compliance monitoring program
  • EMIR reporting

Requirements:

  • 4-5 years of AML/Compliance experience – preferably gained in an FX or Payments environment
  • Knowledge of wider compliance processes (e.g. knowledge of Payment Services, MiFID regulations, GDPR or similar).
  • an approachable candidate able to represent the Firm’s compliance team to the business.
  • an ability to take ownership of a process or tasks with limited input (e.g. research projects)
  • Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
  • Able to work under pressure and produce results without close supervision.
  • Ability to handle heavy workload under tight timeframes and prioritise appropriately.
  • Good verbal and written presentational skills.