c. £50,000 + Benefits (fixed term contract)
18 days ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager on an initial 6 month fixed term contract with a view to potentially going permanent after this period. In this role you will support the Head of Compliance working to ensure that the firm meets it regulatory obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments impacting the business, summarising the impact and engaging with key stakeholders to implement changes.
- Preparation of reports for governance committees.
- Conducting routine assurance reviews to ensure policies are being executed appropriately and in alignment with regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Conducting deep-dive risk-based thematic reviews to ensure adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and identify any conduct risks.
- Conducting routine financial crime transaction monitoring and PEP screening.
- Providing regulatory, conduct and financial crime compliance advice and guidance to stakeholders.
- Review and approval of financial promotions for lending and retail deposit products.
- Allocation and tracking completion of mandatory compliance learning.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a Compliance function preferably within a banking or lending environment.
- Sound technical regulatory knowledge across the various FCA rule books particularly PRIN, CONC, SYSC and BCOBS.
- Experience of representing Compliance within projects.
- Good oral and written communication, facilitation skills and ability to present information in a concise and coherent manner.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and develop effective working relationships across all levels.