£45,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
about 2 years ago
My client is evolving quickly and aims to be one of the leading retail tech companies and an employer of choice. In line with its retailer-led strategy, they have determined that the UK, as the world’s third largest e-commerce market, with more than £133b in online retail sales per annum, represents the next logical step for international expansion.
To accelerate and de-risk their planned entry to the UK, they have made a strategic acquisition of a UK-based buy now, pay later business.
They are now seeking an individual to perform the role of Compliance Manager (UK) to take on what is a unique and broad based role. You will be an experienced Compliance Manager with the ability to ensure the company adheres to legal and compliance standards and in-house policies and procedures. You will be responsible for enforcing UK regulations in all apsects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
- Maintain an understanding of relevant laws and regulations with particular focus on Money Laundering and Data Protection to provide advice and guidance to Head of Risk & Compliance enabling the implementation of compliant policies and procedures.
- Provide UK regulatory guidance and support across the business.
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Ensure that your findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified
- Manage all aspects of any UK registers and policies
- Liaising with the regulators as required and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections
- Keeping accurate records of all activities which have regulatory implications i.e Data Processing Agreements
- Educate employees on not only the regulations but also the impact to the organisation if these are not complied with
- Manage the regulatory training program
- Manage the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation
- Implement and maintain the conduct risk dashboard
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Provide a second line of defence function for the UK business
- Support the Head of Risk & Compliance in providing updates and reporting on UK registers and policies - producing all the relevant reports for the operational risk committee
- Be a self-starter and be flexible
- Have experience in Financial Services preferably within a regulated consumer credit environment
- Have experience of FCA handbook PRIN, SYSC and CONC
- Have experience dealing and managing Anti Money Laundering strategy and the relevant controls in line with JMLSG.
- Have experience of liasing with ICO
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with ability to build relationships across the organisation at all levels
This is a ‘hands on’ role working as part of a small dedicated team and the successful candidate will have a flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving. The ability to work autonomously is important as is the ability to manage multiple work flows.
Salary range is broad as my client is keen to consider individuals at varying levels. It will be entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
Though the preference would be to appoint someone into the role on a permanent basis, my client is also open to considering someone on an interim basis initially given the start up nature of the role. They are open to considering someone on a fixed term or interim basis and again the day rate would be entirely commensurate with experience.
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on this role and any CVS sent direct to the client will be forwarded through to MERJE for consideration.