£45,000 - 55,000 + Benefits
9 months ago
Our client is a well-known business that offers a variety of product to their customer. The opportunity has arisen for a compliance professional to join the business in the role of Compliance Manager. Reporting to the Head of Compliance you take responsibility for maintaining compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements for the businesses regulated entities. This includes working with senior management to identify risks to the business and provide advice on compliant business processes and to assist with the overall strategic approach to compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant external regulatory requirements and champion best practice to assist the business manage its regulatory risks, deliver good customer outcomes, avoid regulatory censure and reputational loss
- Manage progress made by business areas against Audit Reports and recommendations
- Produce summary papers in a timely manner following receipt of relevant regulatory news
- Identify and help mitigate risks and issues affecting the business and recommend actions to develop compliant procedures. Ensure that more complex issues are escalated to the Head of Compliance
- Develop, oversee and deliver an annual risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Responsible for the Compliance function’s role within the approval processes for Senior Managers by the Regulator
- Oversee regulatory and 3rd party audits / thematic reviews
- Manage the Compliance approval process for business literature, and training material; ensuring an up-to-date and auditable archive of all materials, enquiries, advice and approvals is maintained
- Manage and lead on the Business Incident management process, ensuring actions are delivered in a timely manner
- Oversight of the processing of all Senior Manager and Certification functions
- Oversight and assistance with the RMAR, as required
- Sound knowledge of FCA regulations and the ICOB rulebook
- Experience in regulatory compliance, preferably within the general insurance sector
- Ability to interpret external regulatory reports and advise the business.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Ability to work with the businesses to identify workable solutions, taking a pragmatic and proportionate approach
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.