£75,000 - £85,000
4 months ago
Job Description: The core focus of the role is to have oversight of the Compliance function, managing compliance with FCA regulations and keeping up to date on new and upcoming regulatory initiatives. This role will also involve managing, coaching and developing the Compliance Team, whilst working on a number of key projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interpreting regulations and providing compliance advice to the business.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s risk register.
- To act as the Company’s DPO.
- To embed a values based culture where Compliance works with the business for future growth and successful customer outcomes.
- Manage the compliance team in regards to prioritizing compliance tasks and running the department.
- Update any policies and processes with new or upcoming regulatory updates.
- Ensure the group policies are implemented and embedded in the business.
- Assist in developing and implementing a positive risk and compliance culture throughout the Company.
- Manage the incident log; ensuring incidents are appropriately identified, recorded, assessed, and remedied.
- Develop, deliver and improve the Compliance Monitoring Plan where required.
- Manage the Risk & Compliance training plan for the business.
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge to ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained.
- Interpret any regulation change and implement these in line with operational consideration, ensuring changes are fit for purpose for the business.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the business (1LOD), Managers and Senior Managers across the business to ensure a consistent approach.
- Recent and evident experience in the consumer credit market – preferably in car finance
- Recent experience in an FCA regulated organisation with strong knowledge of FCA rules (CONC, DISP, SYSC) as well as money laundering, data protection etc. and experience of implementing FCA rules.
- Experience within regulation relating to arrears and forbearance highly desirable.
- Team management experience.
- Highly motivated, quick learner who can interpret and successfully implement regulatory requirements in an operationally effective manner.
- Able to explain complex regulatory/risk issues in a simple manner, to a wide group of stakeholders, including senior management and external business partners.
· Experience of designing and implementing a risk management framework and register would be preferable.
· Strong communicator with good relationship building skills.
Ability to demonstrate pragmatic thinking and solution oriented approach