Job Description Compliance Manager required for a leading UK based Consumer credit business, with an independent regulatory, compliance advisory and assurance function. The primary purpose of the role is to manage regulatory and compliance risks by:
• Ensuring that compliance risks are identified, mitigated, remediated and reported on.
• Providing subject matter expert advice and guidance to the business on all matters relating to regulatory and compliance risk.
• Lead on providing specialist regulatory and compliance advice and promoting a compliance culture throughout the business, influencing stakeholders, including SMF role holders and other senior managers, to make compliant decisions in their business areas.
• Manage regulatory risk by working with business areas to cultivate and maintain key relationships to enable the provision of proportionate and appropriate advice on relevant regulations and business policies and procedures whilst supporting commercial strategy. This includes general query advice, reviewing and approving financial promotions, regulatory breaches and incidents and supporting key business projects.
• Design, establish and implement the Compliance Monitoring plan to oversee the first line of defence controls in line with the regulatory risk cycle. Own updating and maintaining an appropriate risk assessment matrix taking into consideration regulatory risk. Working with relevant stakeholders and committees to advise of assurance activities.
• Where required, lead on conducting allocated compliance monitoring reviews in line with the Compliance Monitoring Review framework including collaborating with stakeholders to gather information for analysis, testing, producing reports on the findings of monitoring activity and developing a plan to mitigate identified risks. Lead on engagement with business management to discuss findings and recommendations.
• Oversee the management and mitigation of identified risks on the monitoring findings register resulting from compliance monitoring reviews and provide advice and support to business areas with the planning and the implementations of changes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in applying relevant FCA rules, guidance and Handbooks in a practical context in a consumer credit and/or retail lending environment.
• Direct experience of identification, management, monitoring and reporting of risks either in project or business as usual environments
• Experience of researching and collation of complex written information.