My client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Compliance Manager to join the team. You will be responsible for assisting in delivering a robust, effective risk and compliance programme to ensure the business meets its regulatory responsibilities.
The successful candidate will support the business in day-to-day regulatory compliance, promote a compliance and risk-aware culture and embed the strategic risk framework. This will include, but not limited to delivering a high-quality compliance monitoring programme, providing compliance advice to the business and support general risk management education.
The successful candidate will have a depth of knowledge and understanding in relation to risk & compliance and financial advice. You will be self-motivated, keep abreast of the latest industry trends and regulatory requirements for our sector and show curiosity in your work. You will role model competent and ethical behaviours in line with regulatory conduct principles.
The role will involve:
• Monitor the regulatory environment using outputs from key bodies and regulators including the FCA, the ICO and FOS, to interpret the impact for the business;
• Provide key compliance & risk information, advice and guidance to the business;
• Provide support to the business to ensure the ongoing development of the compliance culture throughout the business;
• Provide oversight to support all colleagues in their responsibilities to comply with FCA/PRA regulations, including T&C schemes, to ensure the business remains in line with regulatory requirements and industry best practice;
• Monitor business activities and provide feedback to colleagues in relation to compliance with relevant legislation;
• To liaise with other entities and associated businesses of the firm to ensure harmonious and effective relationships are maintained and developed;
• Responsible for approval of financial promotions ensuring they meet regulatory requirements in accordance with the financial promotion process;
• Manage the complaints process, ensuring that the processes are robust and ensuring that complaints are handled in accordance with regulatory and business requirements; and
• Promote a risk & compliance aware culture throughout the business through training and regulatory updates
• Previous experience of working within an FCA regulated environment, ideally within an advisory firm
• Diploma Level 4 qualified or equivalent as a minimum requirement
• Excellent knowledge of the various financial services products including Pensions, Equity Release, Wills, Investments – qualifications to support knowledge preferred