Competitive Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
over 1 year ago
MERJE has been appointed exclusively to work with this rapidly growing Venture Capital business in the North West who are looking for a Compliance Manager. The right candidate will work alongside and support the Risk and Compliance Director (CF10/11). You will be responsible for maintaining the existing Risk & Compliance processes and procedures ensuring the business fully complies with its regulatory responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, assess and manage the compliance and business risks of the business and the wider group of companies
- Analyse and implement all relevant legal and regulatory changes for AIFM
- Ensure compliance with the existing policies and procedures
- Review policies and procedures to ensure they remain up-to-date
- Prepare compliance and risk reports/updates to the Compliance Director
- Ensure good corporate governance by monitoring against the existing Corporate Governance controls
- Ensure awareness of staff on compliance/AML/Risk matters
- Arrange/providing training and coaching across the business, educating and developing as required
- Facilitate regular review and update of risks and control with all risk owners
- Enhance and maintain an effective compliance culture
- Identify new and emerging business risks offering mitigation and management accordingly
- Draft regulatory communications and monthly compliance updates
- Approve all Financial promotions
- Deputy MLRO overseeing all aspects of the day to day financial crime controls in respect of Investors and Investee companies.
- Minimum 5 years in a senior compliance role within a Venture capital/Fund Management/Wealth Management business.
- Good understanding of Alternative investment funds particularly EIS
- Good working knowledge of the AIFM directive and its impact upon small authorised UK AIFM (Sub-Threshold)
- Good working knowledge of Data Protection (GDPR)
MERJE has been appointed exclusively on this role. Any CV’s sent to the client will be passed on to MERJE for evaluation.