Reporting to the Head of Consultancy, the Compliance Consultant will be responsible for providing proactive and pragmatic compliance consultancy services to a portfolio of clients.
You will adopt a consultative approach, ensuring your client portfolio is kept up to date with relevant regulatory issues, maintaining and developing strong relationships with such clients, seeking new business opportunities and growth areas and you will build strong, lasting relationships with clients and prospects.
- Provide clients with pragmatic and proportionate advice including considered recommendations, alternative compliance solutions and appropriate remedial action in order to comply with FCA requirements or to enhance or improve internal systems and add value through service delivery.
- Develop and maintain effective and proactive open working relationships with clients and specifically allocated relationship managed firms.
- Be able to identify trends and breach of regulatory compliance.
- Participate in and actively support business projects as directed, including the delivery of single service/solutions/project-based compliance services.
- Provide relevant MI as requested by manager to ensure effective delivery of services.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a financial services compliance role (preferably GI sector, also consumer credit desirable).
- Experience of working within a general insurance brokerage/insurer
- Wide-ranging knowledge of FCA Rules and Principles and able to research complex issues in-depth relevant to the client base and business strategy.
- Able to recognise the impact of internal and external factors on business risks.
- Highly organised with a strong track record of, and focus on, client service to include managing and meeting deadlines and managing and delivering client requirements.
- Able to establish good relationships with both operational and senior persons at major clients; being available promptly and prioritising communications with key clients
- Able to lead meetings, set agenda and provide succinct minutes in a timely manner
- Strong problem-solving skills, mathematical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills to stakeholders.
- Able to prioritise and plan work effectively.
- Proactive team leader and player.
- Able to work independently to achieve agreed objectives.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.