about 1 month ago
Financial Services firm, operating within the Life and Pensions sector are looking to hire a Compliance Assurance Officer to join their established Compliance function on an initial 9 month Fixed Term Contract.
The business are located in the West Midlands, and due to the unknown timescales around offices reopening, the expectations are that this position can be home based for the duration of the contract.
The purpose of the role is to undertake allocated Compliance Assurance reviews in line with the agreed plan to provide independent assurance to the Board of the compliance of the business with regulatory and legislative requirements inclusive of FCA and Data Protection, ensuring that regulatory risks are identified with a particular focus on the identification of potentially unfair customer outcomes.
- drafting terms of reference documents for allocated reviews
- Validate the adequacy, effectiveness and operation of procedures and controls that minimise and mitigate regulatory risks to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, within the risk appetite set by the Board and that processes adhere to the conduct principles of the Company.
- Undertake close out meetings with key stakeholders to clarify and agree findings.
- Draft and present assurance reports that objectively and accurately summarise findings, formulate recommendations and agree management responses and timescales which address the root cause and are proportionate to the risks identified
- Monitor and track completion of actions, review evidence and confirm completion.
- Contribute to the content of the Risk Universe and preparation of a risk based assurance plan, anticipating potential risks arising and providing objective input to the identification and prioritisation of assurance activity
- identify risks or opportunities and engaging the business in formulating pragmatic, customer focussed and commercial solutions that minimise the risks and maximise the opportunities
- Knowledge / experience gained within the Life and Pensions sector is essential.
- Good knowledge of FCA rules, customer outcomes and regulations especially those applicable to a life assurance company
- An understanding of auditing and/or compliance monitoring techniques
- Detailed knowledge of Regulatory requirements affecting Life and Pensions
- Appreciation of the impact of the political, economic and legal environment affecting financial services
- Knowledge and experience of systems and controls improvement, design and implementation