£35,000 - £40,000
4 months ago
Our client is a fast growing and highly regarded Commercial Bank. They have ambitious growth plans over the next few years and due to continued success in the UK, they are looking to recruit a Compliance Assistant to join their Compliance team in London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the production of papers and management information to various committees on compliance and risks activities
- Supporting the analysis and tracking of regulatory horizon scanning
- Assisting with the analysis of regulatory changes and assisting the business in implementing any changes required by the deadlines imposed
- Assisting with product and service implementations which may include the review of client facing materials, reviews of processes and procedures and risk assessing proposed products and services
- Creating, implementing and reviewing policies and procedures owned by the risk and compliance function
- Completing regulatory returns and management of the reporting schedule for the UK business
- Assisting in the creation of training programmes for the business for regulatory compliance and helping to provide face to face / video / audio / web based training to the wider business
- Relevant Compliance experience: ideally 6-12 months within a Banking environment. Not sure AML/KYC focussed but some broader Regulatory knowledge preferred.
- Some knowledge of FCA Handbook and Rules
- The individual must demonstrate sound judgement and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts quickly and with support translate these into actionable recommendations and solutions
- University degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Capable of researching upcoming and ongoing regulatory initiatives
- Strong attention to detail and inquisitive nature;
- Strong interpersonal skills – engagement with a variety of stakeholders across the business