£45,000 - £50,000
10 months ago
We are working with a medium-sized Business Bank based in the West End who are currently looking to recruit a new individual to join their Compliance team.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring daily the PRA and FCA websites to see if there is anything of relevance. If there is, drafting a summary, clearing it with the CO and then circulating to relevant department heads.
- Participating in staff training given by Compliance. This includes helping with the administrative arrangements for the training, but also delivering some of the training on areas in which the job holder is confident.
- Monitoring the Compliance diary at least weekly and warning the Compliance Officer and Senior Assistant Compliance Officer of approaching deadlines for submitting reports, regulatory returns or other key items.
- Assisting in the annual planning relating to the training plan and the Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP).
- Carrying out such compliance monitoring as directed by the Compliance Officer, and reporting on findings.
- Assisting in preparing for meetings of the Compliance and Financial Crime Committee, or any other meetings that the Compliance Officer regularly attends.
- Carrying out research into regulatory or other matters as directed by the Compliance Officer.
- Assisting in preparations for submitting the annual AEOI return to HMRC.
- Communicating with the regulators when delegated to do so by the Compliance Officer.
- Assisting with on one-off compliance matters, including transactions, and reviewing new products and services.
Skills and experience:
- Min 2 years of relevant Compliance experience in banking
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of FCA guidelines and principles and some detailed knowledge of those regulations
- Educated to degree level
- You will be detail-oriented, pragmatic and work with a high degree of common sense.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
Act with integrity and a degree of pragmatism when circumstances require