£35,000 + Excellent Benefits
4 months ago
Our client is a well-respected Wealth Management business who offer a broad range of products to their customer. An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the business in the role of Compliance Assistant where
you will support the Head of Compliance on all aspects of compliance across the firm. Duties will include managing and assessing file reviews submitted by the Company’s Independent Financial Advisers in line
with the Company’s Training and Competency (T&C) requirements. The role will ensure that the Company’s extremely high quality of compliance and risk management is maintained through the quality of the
Key responsibilities include:
- Checking a sample of files for new business transacted by advisers, to ensure advice is suitable and documented in accordance with regulatory requirements. Feedback to advisers on the outcome and any remedial actions required. Follow up to ensure remedial actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Compile and collate Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data and management information required to monitor adviser performance and ongoing competency.
- Conduct periodic 1-2-1s with advisers to feedback on performance, highlight strengths and development areas, record results and provide coaching and training as appropriate.
- Present on compliance matters to advisers and staff at Team Meetings, or as and when required.
- To compile MI reports on any areas outside compliance (e.g. late suitability reports, expired financial promotions etc). so that these are bought back under compliance.
- Produce formal six-monthly compliance and AML reports for the firm’s senior management.
- Produce six monthly TCF reports for the firm’s senior management (and all supplementary forms/documentation accompanying these)
- Complaint handling – i.e. initial logging of any complaints received, PI Insurer notification, investigating the complaint and communicating the outcome to the complainant.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and up to date records across all the above areas.
- Deputise for Compliance Manager during holidays, absences etc.
- Act as a consultancy/helpdesk for ad hoc compliance queries raised by staff.
- Previous compliance knowledge or experience – e.g. from working in a compliance team, file checker, para-planner or possibly audit.
- Minimum FPC and CeMAP qualifications, plus R01. Preferably full level 4 diploma qualified, or if not, working towards this.
- Builds positive relationships but not afraid to delve deeper to obtain further information, challenge where appropriate or feedback unpalatable messages to individuals at all levels.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.