c. £50,000 + Benefits
7 months ago
Our client is a well-respected insurance business who are currently looking to recruit a Compliance & Risk Officer. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop and manage a risk-based compliance programme across all group companies, ensuring the group have an efficient and operational governance, risk and compliance framework.
You will collaborate with the Group business areas and functional stakeholders whilst:
- Leading the compliance team in identifying and analysing any risks in the Group’s operations, claims, and the controls,
- Developing a risk-based compliance programme, to ensure that compliance projects, monitoring activities and relevant stakeholders focus on key risks and controls,
- Leading in the development and execution of a compliance monitoring plan and lead the full lifecycle (planning, monitoring activities, reporting and follow up) for all business functions,
- Collaborating across different business functions to provide for an integrated and coordinated approach to risk assessment and controls,
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness and value of the Compliance and Risk function by recommending and developing innovative approaches and solutions
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge to ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained including, keeping abreast of FCA and other applicable regulatory developments.
- Be accountable for meeting deliverables, KPIs, and objectives, implementing feedback provided.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships internally.
- Embed compliance culture and risk-awareness throughout the group.
- Significant compliance experience within the insurance industry.
- Detailed knowledge of FCA regulations.
- The ability to support and influence colleagues in relation to their compliance and risk responsibilities.
- Compliance leadership experience; effectively deliver projects, determine appropriate reporting and procedures as needed.