Our client is an expanding and entrepreneurial Fintech with a presence across the UK, European and US. The opportunity has arisen for an experienced UK based Compliance and Financial Crime professional to join and be part of the firm’s exciting journey. Reporting to the Global Chief Compliance Officer based in the US, you will be responsible for the firm’s Compliance and Financial Crime activities across the UK and Europe. This is a crucial role for the firm as they look to enhance and develop their activities across Europe.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing the firms UK and EU regulatory relationships and strategy globally
- Evaluating business objectives and regulatory developments, and propose compliance solutions within the firm's risk tolerance and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate changes in regulatory regimes and implement the appropriate changes with our policy and procedure owners
- Overseeing the preparation of regulatory reports and potentially management information
- Monitoring and developing our conduct and financial crime risk frameworks, and advising our group subsidiaries on these
- Manage the group's risks framework for policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with financial crime regulation (principally AML/CTF related).
- Protect the business against financial crime.
- Ensure the business meets the expectations of financial institutions and partners.
- Operate compliance processes, including CDD and transaction monitoring.
- Investigate, analyse and report suspicious activity.
- Audit, test and report on relevant first line and outsourced processes.
- Investigate alerts for suspicious activity and potential sanctions violations
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews and research
- Remain up to date with current industry developments and upstream AML rules/regulations
- Assist in the implementation of processes to comply with new regulations or changes to existing regulations
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable track record of working in a Compliance / AML role in a UK and EEA regulated financial institution (Experience of operating in a Fintech / Payments / E-Money environment would be advantageous).
- In depth knowledge of both UK and EU regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Experience performing a similar role in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously on tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a high level of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.