This firm is a business platform helping insurance teams to grow. They provide a wrap-around set of support functions and delivers best in class service across executive management, consultancy, finance, compliance, and IT. They work with highly motivated niche insurance teams that deal in complicated and innovative transactions.
Your responsibilities in this role will be working as part of the compliance team to support our client facing businesses with their compliance and risk matters, including but are not limited to:
- Supporting the business as a whole with compliance queries.
- Clearing financial crime and sanctions daily screening alerts and responding to underwriter queries.
- Dealing with licensing queries and alerts from underwriters.
- Supporting the annual review of policies, procedures and guidance documents.
- The preparation of compliance monthly reports, board papers and committee packs.
- Reviewing regulatory and commercial developments and providing updates to the team.
- Performance of second line Compliance Monitoring activities in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Responsibility for maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar and for completing regulatory submissions for Compliance.
- Supporting the completion of the Annual Compliance Plan.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- International licensing and sanctions experience and expertise (marine insurance experience an advantage).
- Strong written and spoken communication skills to enable communication at all levels.
- Ability to handle a varied workload and competing priorities.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills.
- Insurance or legal qualifications (e.g. ACII)
- Experience in a compliance function a London Market insurer or MGA compliance
- Knowledge of International specialty insurance markets
- Has personal drive and resilience in established and new/changing situations.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.