Financial Services firm are looking to hire a Compliance Advisory Manager to join their established Compliance function located in Birmingham. When the office is allowed to safely re-open, the expectation will be that this role / individual will continue to have flexibility to work from home with 2 days in the Birmingham office sufficient. Reporting directly to the Head of Conduct and Compliance, the role holder will form an integral part of the Compliance Advisory team providing regulatory guidance and advice to the Business.
- Act as the dedicated regulatory Business Partner, providing all functions with timely and relevant regulatory advice, guidance and training.
- Identify and review key regulatory changes (horizon scanning) impacting the business, prepare business impact assessments and work with stakeholders to implement the changes.
- Support the Business to implement projects and internal change programmes by providing compliance guidance and advice to stakeholders.
- Prepare and provide regulatory MI for governance committees and senior management.
- Review & sign off literature and other marketing materials whilst having regards to the FCA Financial Promotions rules and regulatory guidance.
- Developing and drafting new compliance policies and procedures to strengthen the second line compliance function.
- Provision of ad-hoc and induction regulatory training to internal stakeholders.
- Experience in a Compliance Function preferably within a retail financial services environment
- Sound technical regulatory knowledge across the various FCA and relevant PRA rule books covering conduct and compliance regulation
- Experience of representing Compliance at project meetings and governance forums.
- Commercial, business focussed with strong judgement and integrity
- Articulate and diplomatic, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to display a range of influencing styles and stakeholder management skills.