c.£40,000 + Benefits
about 2 years ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services organisation that offers a range of products to its customers. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of Complaints Manager responsible for ensuring that the Complaints Team ensures standard processes are maintained, adhered to and customers are treated fairly. You will manage the complaints team responsible for ensuring all complaints meet the Dispute Resolution Handbook (DISP) rules in line with FCA guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage the complaints handling team, including the co-ordination of complaints across the business.
- Develop a new complaints workflow system.
- Complete root cause analysis and maintain high quality work papers.
- Prepare succinct reports that articulate the risks and issues emerging from said root cause analysis clearly and the corrective actions required to address or mitigate them.
- Preparation of high-quality management information.
- Develop process for the team to deal with all complaints.
- Develop team’s product knowledge so that complaints decisions are appropriate and consistent.
- Facilitate the change process of Area Manager led complaint resolutions to centralised complaint team resolutions.
- Include intelligent analysis on complaints trends.
- Provide strategic updates to the board regarding complaints
- Review all relevant complaint communications/regulatory updates and communicate issues or manage developments that are relevant to the company.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the local complaints team, its processes, procedures and reporting in an effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible as the immediate escalation point for challenging or high-profile complaints.
- Feedback issues to the Operations team.
- Identify areas where the service to clients could be improved and/or expanded.
Essential skills and experience:
- Recent experience of managing a complaints team within a FOS and FCA environment.
- Developed complaints processes.
- Experience in various complaints software and delivered software upgrades.
- Experience influencing senior management regarding strategies and product conditions.
- Able to understand and interpret various laws, regulations, and policies.
- Expert knowledge of the FCA’s rules, guidance and expectations in relation to DISP.
- Assist in the collation of FCA reporting data and submissions.
- Experience of regulatory liaison.