£90,000 - £100,000
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Company Secretary to join a leading International Insurance Business based in the City. The role would suit a collaborative, positive team player who values working in a collegiate culture focussed on the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Providing subject matter expertise and advice in matters of corporate governance and company law to executive management and boards
- Monitoring changes in relevant company legislation and the regulatory environment and making necessary proposals
- Supporting board and committee Chairs before, during and after meetings with advice to ensure appropriate running of meetings and consideration of the most appropriate topics
- Facilitating and, as required, carrying out board evaluation assessments
- Organising and preparing agendas and board packs
- Collating and distributing meeting packs; paper or electronic
- Attending and advising in board/committee meetings and producing high quality minutes
- Identifying, circulating and monitoring delivery of actions/matters arising from meetings, and delivering own actions
- Maintaining and communicating the board/corporate calendar and individual meeting schedules
- Assisting with the preparation of sections of relevant Annual Reports and regulatory returns
- Arranging AGMs, including notices, proxies, rotation and (re-)election of Directors
- Maintaining relevant governance framework documents, including governance maps, terms of reference, policies, constitutional documents, attendance records, minute books, Director training records and conflicts registers
- Working with Compliance function in taking necessary steps to obtain and maintain necessary regulatory approvals for Directors, including assisting in carrying out annual fitness and propriety checks.
- Organising, and delivering appropriate elements of, Director induction and refresher training.
- Developing and maintaining the Directors manual
- Identifying and monitoring training requirements for Directors in liaison with Compliance function and senior management
- Developing and maintaining a department procedures manual and well controlled department processes
- Maintaining statutory and regulatory records, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, and filings to Companies House
- Arranging Director appointment letters and payment
- Ensuring timely maintenance of the corporate database Blueprint and other internal systems
- Liaising with board members, local and internationally based colleagues, and external regulators and advisers when necessary
- Managing a Company Secretary Assistant, including training and development
AD HOC Duties
As requested by your Line Manager or relevant Board Director, performing reasonable ad hoc duties within the Job Holder’s capabilities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably law degree)
- ACIS or FCIS with appropriate practical experience
- Previous company secretarial experience to include board support and company administration experience, preferably in Insurance/Financial Services environment
- Proven track record of working effectively with business colleagues at senior management level
- A previous Company Secretary or experienced Deputy Company Secretary ready for the next step
Knowledge and Skills
- Collaborative, positive and a good team player. Contributor to positive and collegiate culture.
- Knowledge of UK company law and administration and corporate governance requirements essential.
- Global knowledge desirable or willingness to learn necessary requirements in role
- Experience of insurance or wider financial services industries and knowledge of regulatory requirements an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good stakeholder management
- Highly organised, reliable and efficient
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of relevant software: BoardPad/Diligent, Blueprint and Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Professional and confidential with excellent attention to detail
- Experience from within the insurance industry
- This role does not require any listed company experience or knowledge