£35,000 - £40,000
11 months ago
MERJE are currently partnered with a leading retailer to recruit an experienced Financial Modelling & Forecasting Analyst with experience in creating statistical models and then looking at trends / forecasting to join their state of the art offices in Central Manchester. Our client is looking for an ambitious individual to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity for analytical person to further develop their career in a commercial role.
Reporting to the Financial Modelling manager and the Finance Director, the Junior Financial Modeller will be responsible for the following;
- Designing, building and maintaining the Group’s financial planning and forecasting models, which underpin the strategic financial plans and stress tests.
- Working with finance business partners, IT, Credit Risk, Operations and the business to design and implement the end-to-end financial planning modelling solutions for new products, strategic projects, regulatory changes and other business change activities
- Being the Subject Matter Expert in application and data flows contained within the planning process.
- Thorough knowledge, and experience, of Excel, VBA and SAS
- Sound understanding of planning, stress testing, customer behaviour curves
- Responsible for reviewing all financial models to arrive at preliminary conclusions and providing good quality and timely financial modelling advice to the business in a way that non-specialists can easily understand and absorb
- Must have experience working in a Financial Services organisation
- Proven statistical modelling, forecasting and analytical experience
- Extensive experience of completing complex data analysis and create proposals / provide recommendations on the back of analysis
- Any experience with SPSS, SAS, statistical or MI packages would be a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and senior management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.