£35,000 - £40,000
14 days ago
MERJE are currently partnered with a leading retailer to recruit an experienced Financial Modeller with solid SQL experience in a Financial Services organisation to join their state of the art offices in Central Manchester. Our client is looking for an ambitious individual to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity for analytical person to further develop their career in a commercial role.
Reporting to the Financial Modelling manager and the Finance Director, the Junior Financial Modeller will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, building and maintaining the Group’s financial planning and forecasting models, which underpin the strategic financial plans and stress tests.
- Working with finance business partners, IT, Credit Risk, Operations and the business to design and implement the end-to-end financial planning modelling solutions for new products, strategic projects, regulatory changes and other business change activities
- Being the Subject Matter Expert in application and data flows contained within the planning process.
- Thorough knowledge, and experience, of Excel, VBA.
- Sound understanding of planning, stress testing, customer behaviour curves
- Highly effective communication skills at all levels including positive influencing of senior stakeholder
- Must have experience working in a Financial Services organisation
- Must have experience in creating models using SQL with an analytical mind.
- Must have experience of working in a similar environment with commercial exposure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and senior management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills